On the Web:
- BitBeat: How Bitcoin Technology Could Shake Up the Loyalty-Points Business - Wall St. Journal - "With a viewpoint that upends the centuries-old principles of double-entry bookkeeping, Messrs. Dennis and Simon argue that if reward points are generated by an algorithm and issued in the form of a digital token on the blockchain, it creates an asset for the individual holder but the countervailing liability resides with the entire blockchain itself."
- FATF Pushes Risk-Based Approach Toward Virtual Currencies, Services - Wall St. Journal - "The FATF, an international body that sets standards for anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing, provided ways, in a 48-page guidance document, to help the private sector identify money laundering and terrorist financing risks in the virtual currency area, and for national authorities to develop legal and regulatory frameworks for addressing that risk."
- Square Wants Its People To See The World Through The Eyes Of A Barista - Buzzfeed - "Square wants its people to think like its customers, and that means they talk to them, watch them, and sometimes even become them. While one of Square founder Jack Dorsey’s heroes Steve Jobs famously disdained market research, for Square, working from the perspective of a customer is embedded into the product-development process."
- India's HDFC Bank becomes the first in the country to add support for Apple Watch - iMore.com - "HDFC Bank — one of the largest privately-held banks in the country — is now taking things a step further by announcing support for Apple Watch."
On the Wires:
- PayPal to Acquire Xoom - "PayPal, Inc. and Xoom Corporation, a digital money transfer provider, today announced a definitive agreement under which PayPal will acquire Xoom for $25 per share in cash or an approximate $890 million enterprise value."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews