On the Web:
- Banks are 'very excited' about what one of the world's best funded Bitcoin startups is doing" - Business Insider - "...Bitpay has shifted its focus from letting businesses accept Bitcoin to getting people interested in Bitcoin in the first place."
- The Check’s Still in the Mail: Why Collections Isn’t Going Paperless - FICO Blog - "In a recent BillingTree webinar, which looked at some of the payment processing trends revealed in its third annual Collection Agency Operations and Technology Survey, it was clear that paper payments such as paper checks, money orders, demand drafts and more, are still a key issue for the collections market."
On the Wires:
- First Data Provides Powerful Free Offer For Veteran Business Owners to Help Their Businesses Thrive and Grow - “Few bring more discipline to growing a business than those who have served in uniform, and our First Data Salutes initiative will help to level the playing field for veteran entrepreneurs by providing the tools they need to run their businesses,” said Dan Charron, executive vice president, Global Business Solutions.
- Elliptic Announces The Bitcoin Big Bang - A Breakthrough In Bitcoin Anti-Money Laundering - Elliptic CEO, Dr. James Smith, said, “If digital currency is to take its legitimate place in the enterprise it inevitably must step out of the shadows of the dark web. Our technology allows us to trace historic and real-time flow, and represents the tipping point for enterprise adoption of bitcoin."
- Fiserv Enhances Chip Card Production Capabilities to Support Migration to EMV Chip Cards - “As a leader in payments, fraud mitigation and card production, Fiserv is committed to supporting financial institutions as they migrate to EMV,” said Jorge Diaz, president, Output Solutions, Fiserv. “Adding milling and embedding capabilities to our already sophisticated facilities is a strategic move that enables Fiserv to deliver a one-stop-shop EMV solution."
- Sweden Goes Contactless with ICA Banken Powered by Oberthur Technologies - “ICA Banken believes that contactless payments will play an important role in the future of payments and we constantly strive to make our customers' lives easier with fast and convenient payments within ICA. We chose to extend our partnership with Oberthur Technologies for this important launch thanks to OT´s technical knowledge and expertise in the field,” said Marie Halling, CEO of ICA Banken.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews