On the Web:
- Is Payment Tokenization Ready for Primetime? Perspectives from Industry Stakeholders on the Tokenization Landscape - Federal Reserve Bank of Boston - "While still nascent, payment tokenization is the underlying security for Apple Pay transactions and will be for other use cases such as Android Pay and Samsung Pay. To better understand this emergent tokenization landscape, the authors conducted an industry stakeholder assessment by interviewing 31 organizations, including card networks, large and small financial institutions, payment processors, online payment providers, merchant groups, mobile carriers, mobile wallet solution providers, and standards bodies."
- Introducing OB1 - Union Square Ventures Blog - "OB1 is a company formed to further the development of OpenBazaar, an open source project that is refining a protocol that will enable anyone, anywhere to sell products and services to anyone, anywhere in a fully decentralized marketplace."
On the Wires:
- Kraken Bitcoin Exchange Introduces Bitcoin Dark Pool - "The Kraken dark pool is an order book not visible to the rest of the market. Each trader only knows their own orders. Traders can anonymously place large buy or sell orders without revealing their interest to other traders."
- Seamless Distribution AB: SEQR’s MyShop Opens Mobile E-Sales for Everyone - ”It as been much too difficult and expensive for individuals and small companies to sell and buy goods via their smartphones. With MyShop, we want to change that. It doesn’t matter if you’re an individual who wishes to sell your summer tires, or an entrepreneur wishing to start a mobile e-shop. We’re making it simple, safe and free of charge,” says Peter Fredell, CEO of Seamless.
- Visa Inc. Elects Lloyd A. Carney to Its Board of Directors - "Mr. Carney was appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a director of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., a global supplier of networking hardware and software, in January 2013. Prior to this role, he was CEO and a director of Xsigo Systems, an information technology and hardware company, from 2008 to 2012."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews