On the Web:
- Now What? Immediate Funds Transfer in the U.S. - PaymentsViews.com (Elizabeth McQuerry) - "How can all these systems be stitched together? Who writes the rules? Where does this leave Same Day ACH? Those are just the first set of questions. There are plenty of others..."
- EU Interchange Legislation Sets Course for New Beginnings - MasterCard Beyond the Transaction Blog - "A long and interesting legislative process comes closer to an end this week with the European Parliament formally adopting a new EU Regulation on interchange fees. At MasterCard we believe that, just as in life, from every end comes a new beginning. This case is no different."
- Boston calls a snow day on spending - First Data Corp. - "This First Data SpendTrend report examines the economic effect these snow storms have had on Boston and the New England region between January 24 and February 22, 2015."
- PayPal Establishes New Security Center - PayPal Forward Blog - "To help jumpstart our security center, I’m also thrilled to announce that we’ve acquired CyActive, a cybersecurity firm that specializes in technology that can predict how malware will develop. The acquisition of CyActive will bring great talent and immediately add “future-proof” technology to PayPal’s world-class security platform."
- Heartland Payment Systems Collaborates with BitPay - BitPay Blog - "Now Heartland is referring their customers to BitPay’s payment platform. We are helping Heartland bring bitcoin payment technology to businesses and organizations that are interested in new payment methods."
- Secretive Bitcoin Startup 21 Reveals Record Funds, Hints at Mass Consumer Play - Wall St. Journal - "What it’s not yet publicizing is the precise nature of its operations, Chief Executive and co-founder Matthew Pauker will only say there will be “several interesting developments over the next weeks and months”..."
- Why We Started Abra - RRE Ventures - "To make digital currency useful to “cash consumers” digital currency should: be transferable to any phone number in the world, not represent exchange rate risk, be as private as real cash, have no costs for money transfer, and be fungible to real paper-cash at very low cost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
- Updates to Venmo Account Notifications - Venmo Blog - "Today, we wanted to share a few updates we’ve made to Venmo account notifications, as well as make you aware of some additional product updates we’ll be releasing soon."
- Marriott hotels to start accepting Apple Pay this summer - Engadget - "To check in, you'll only need to go to the contactless reader at the front desk and hold up your phone (or Apple Watch) to pay -- a beep and a vibration will indicate if the transaction's a success."
On the Wires:
- GameStop Now Accepting Apple Pay in Stores - "GameStop is launching a nationwide rollout of Apple Pay, which transforms mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay to its more than 4,200 U.S. video game stores this month."
- Citi to Launch Banking App for Apple Watch - “At Citi, we believe that banking should be simple and convenient, and we are constantly exploring advances in technology to help us deliver that kind of experience,” said Heather Cox, Chief Client Experience, Digital and Marketing Officer for Global Consumer Banking at Citi. “Apple Watch users will have access to all sorts of information and services, and if our customers want to check their balance or view a seconds-ago transaction right on their wrist, it is our job to make sure they can.”
- Financial Institutions Can Launch EMV™ Chip Cards More Quickly and Less Expensively with New Solution from Fiserv - "Fiserv is helping its clients simplify the transition to EMV chip-enabled cards by offering an integrated, compliant and cost effective path to EMV debit and credit card issuance. Fiserv has worked with Visa and MasterCard to develop standard EMV chip card configurations suitable for most debit and credit card programs. These standards comply with Visa and MasterCard requirements for the U.S. market."
- TGI Fridays Extends Use of Verifone’s Payment as a Service for ‘Pay at the Table’ - We pride ourselves on giving guests the best experience possible, particularly when interacting with our team,” said Jeremy Dunderdale, Head of IT at TGI Fridays UK. “Verifone understands our business needs, and its NFC-capable terminals combined with Verifone’s all-in-one service package provides a secure solution that solves our payments challenges while enabling us to accept payments from guests right at the table.”
- Bill.com Expands Leadership Team with Key Hire to Support Nationwide Adoption of Digital Business Payments - "Bill.com, the leading company creating magically simple business payments, today announced that it has hired Colleen Lindow as vice president of payments, risk and compliance."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
Updates from Glenbrook:
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com