- This is our last edition of 2015. Payments News will be taking a publishing hiatus for the holidays! We'll be off starting Dec. 23 through Jan. 3 - our next edition will be published on Monday, January 4. I want to extend to you my best wishes for a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year! I'll see you next year!
ON THE WEB
- AmEx reinstates rule prohibiting merchant steering - MarketWatch (Robin Sidel) - "After receiving a favorable court ruling last week, American Express Co. is reinstating its longtime policy that prohibits merchants from steering customers to cheaper forms of payment."
- How Blockchain Will Transform Business and Society - IBM Think Blog (Arvind Krishna) - "It’s essential for blockchain technology to be developed following the open source model so a critical mass of organizations will coalesce around it—and reap its full benefits."
- Starbucks is 2015 Mobile Retailer of the Year - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Perhaps no other retailer today better understands the crossover between customers’ love affair with their smartphones and when and where they want to engage with the brand..."
- National Security Implications of Virtual Currency - Rand Corporation - "This report examines the feasibility for non-state actors, including terrorist and insurgent groups, to increase their political and/or economic power by deploying a virtual currency (VC) for use in regular economic transactions."
- How Jack Dorsey Runs Both Twitter, Square - Wall St. Journal - "For now, Mr. Dorsey appears to be sticking to a meticulous schedule with long hours."
- SpaceX finally achieves its first successful landing - Economist - Editor's note: This has nothing to do with payments but a lot to do with economics - and technology. I couldn't resist mentioning it!
ON THE WIRES
- Idaho Department of Agriculture is First to Launch NIC’s eGovExpress Digital Wallet - "Serving as a virtual pocketbook, eGovExpress securely consolidates Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, pre-paid gift cards and electronic check information into one password-protected online location, thus eliminating the need for customers to juggle multiple accounts in various places and repeatedly enter payment information."
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!