It's Time to Register! Upcoming Payments Boot Camps!
- Glenbrook's fall season of payments education kicks off in October with two sessions of our Payments Boot Camp - one in the San Francisco Bay Area on October 13-14 and the other in New York City on October 20-21. Glenbrook's Russ Jones is now leading this important payments education curriculum - he'd love to meet you at one of these sessions. Contact Russ directly if you have any questions.
On the Web
- My Half Life in Payments - PaymentsViews.com (Scott Loftesness) - "...it dawned on me that 2015 was my 30th anniversary year in the payments industry."
On the Wires
- MasterCard: U.S. Consumers and Merchants Benefit from Security of Chip"The data proves that the shift to chip in the U.S. is a reality. We're incredibly encouraged by the tremendous progress across the industry, knowing that consumers are ultimately the ones who will win," said Chris McWilton, president, North America Markets, MasterCard.
- FDIC Reports JPMorgan Chase #1 in U.S. Deposit Growth - “More customers are calling Chase their primary bank as we’ve given them what they want – digital options for everyday transactions, and more advisors in our branches to help them plan for the future,” said Barry Sommers, CEO of Chase Consumer Banking.
- Verifone First to Enable J/Speedy v1.3 Contactless EMV Acceptance for JCB Cardholders - "J/Speedy provides a simple, fast, and convenient way for consumers to pay, particularly in environments where throughput speed is critical, such as supermarkets, convenience stores, and fast food restaurants. The program enables consumers to pay by simply tapping their card or mobile phone on a certified terminal or J/Speedy reader."
- Four Years Later, Consumers Aren’t Seeing Savings Promised by Retailers from the Durbin Amendment - "This survey provides additional evidence that despite retailer promises that they would lower prices after realizing savings from the amendment – savings that now total over $32 billion – consumers generally have not seen savings."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!