On the Web:
- Coinbase Expands to Canada - Coinable Blog - "As of today, our customers in Canada can buy and sell bitcoin with CAD using our Buy/Sell service, as well as trade the BTC/CAD currency pair on Coinbase Exchange."
- The Looming Problem That Could Kill Bitcoin - Technology Review - "Andresen’s gloomy prediction stems from the fact that Bitcoin can’t process more than seven transactions a second."
- PayPal Boosts Prices for U.S. Merchants to Maintain Growth - Bloomberg - "The change will boost PayPal’s annual revenue by about $10 million while keeping prices competitive with Square Inc. and other digital transaction businesses..."
- Meet the Private Watchdogs Who Police Financial Institutions - Wall St. Journal - "The use of so-called outside monitors to police financial institutions that have misbehaved has exploded in recent years, as authorities increasingly insist on them ..."
On the Wires:
- Moneris Works with Verifone to Offer One of the First EMV-Certified Unattended Payment Solutions in the United States - “We are pleased to be working with Verifone to bring EMV-certified unattended payment solutions to the U.S. market,” said Chris Lee, President of North American Strategic Partnerships at Moneris. “Verifone is a key contributor to making an easy transition to EMV and contactless-ready solutions, providing the essential payment and commerce technology for businesses to take advantage of. Together we are delivering a leading-edge product that will make payments easier and more convenient for businesses and their customers in this growing environment.”
- Bill.com and Xero Announce Direct Sync Availability for Small Businesses Everywhere - “Small businesses using Xero can now enjoy a more seamless and fluid way to manage their payments,” said René Lacerte, founder and CEO of Bill.com. “Our partnership with Xero enables businesses to manage their accounting and payment processes with ease and efficiency.”
- BBPOS Launches WisePOS Smartphone for Q3 2015 Debut - “WisePOS provides mobile merchants and retailers a simpler, more reliable, more secure and optimally versatile mPOS device to accept payments anytime, anywhere, “said Ben Lo, Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer of BBPOS. “ We are thrilled to bring this kind of revolutionary performance to customers, with demand at launch from an incredible roster of merchants who have managed payment acceptance and grown their businesses with help from BBPOS.”
- IFX Forum and nexo Deliver First Universal ISO 20022 ATM Specification - "Our ATM-POS Working Group has historically been one of our most active and productive IFX committees, but supplying the massive amount of new ATM-related content to ISO 20022 by ourselves would have been a daunting task," said IFX Forum Chairman Richard A. DuVall of ACI Worldwide. "However, when the possibility of collaborating in this effort with nexo presented itself, it made the endeavour more feasible. We are very pleased to deliver today, with nexo, this much-needed content, which has been requested by the whole ATM industry."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!