On the Web:
- Add Your Chase Visa Card to Apple Pay for a Complementary Album - Chase - "With Chase and Apple PayTM, your phone and wallet are now one. Set up your eligible Chase Visa card to enjoy more convenient checkouts and, for a limited time, a complimentary album pre-release of Listen by David Guetta on iTunes."
- Why retailers are wrong on Apple Pay - CNBC Commentary - "There's a war going on for your wallet. Around the world, the credit and debit cards we use every day are under threat from a combination of regulators and aggrieved merchants."
- Fed Launches Review of Practices for Supervising Big Banks - Wall St. Journal - "The Federal Reserve launched a sweeping review of how it supervises big banks amid growing criticism that its process for policing Wall Street isn’t effective and stifles internal dissent."
- Everybody Pivots - Bitcoin Foundation Blog - "Our members are signaling that its time to return to our roots and that is to focus on funding the ongoing core development to build out the critical infrastructure that serves as the foundation of this brand new digital ecosystem."
On the Wires:
- Oink Launches Prepaid Card for Teens - “Our goal is to have Oink be the payment option of choice, online or offline, for families worldwide,” said Dr. Jo Webber, CEO of Oink. “The Oink Card is the perfect complement to our digital product, giving teens a way to have more flexibility to use their personal account to shop in the real world, but still within parental limits and a secure environment where their personal information is protected.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews