On the Web:
- JPMorgan Chase Hack Affects 76 Million Households - NYTimes.com - "A cyberattack this summer on JPMorgan Chase compromised the accounts of 76 million households and seven million small businesses, a tally that dwarfs previous estimates by the bank and puts the intrusion among the largest ever."
- Bill Gates: Bitcoin Highlights the Utility of Digital Money - Coindesk - "Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place, and of course for large transactions currency can get pretty inconvenient."
- Apple Seeks Trademark for "Passbook" Icon Reflecting Apple Pay - Patently Apple - "... the US Patent & Trademark Office published Apple's latest trademark filing for their updated "Passbook" icon which adds the new Apple Pay component to the top layer of the icon as noted in the evolutionary Passbook icon..."
On the Wires:
- Capital Teas Shifts to Mobile Payments and Loyalty Program Powered by LevelUp
- Wells Fargo Joins American Express OptBlue Program
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop: Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York, NY
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews