On the Web:
- Presentation Available: Drastic Changes to Industry with Proposed New York Bitcoin Regulation - Virtual Currency Report (Perkins Coie) - "On Thursday, July 24, 2014 Perkins Coie hosted a seminar addressing recently-proposed regulations for virtual currency companies proposed by the New York Department of Financial Services and how these proposed regulations might impact not only companies operating in New York but also companies dealing with New York-based customers and business partners."
- Report: Apple moving toward mobile payments this fall - USA Today - "The new service would allow users to pay for physical goods on the web, in apps and in retail stores, turning the iPhone into a credit card."
- Apple may kick-start the entire industry by rolling out a major mobile payments initiative - TechRepublic - "Apple is looking to integrate mobile payment technology into iOS, including a deal with Visa, which would allow iPhone users to pay for physical goods with just their smartphone."
- European Central Bank suffers security breach, personal data stolen - ZDNet - "The European Central Bank (ECB) admitted Thursday that a security breach has led to the theft of personal data."
On the Wires:
- Visa Inc. Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Net Income of $1.4 Billion or $2.17 Per Diluted Share - “We are pleased to report 15% earnings per share growth in the face of a continued, subdued global economy,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer of Visa Inc.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews