To our readers in the United States, we hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
On the Web:
- Russia Reaches Deal with Visa and MasterCard - "MasterCard and Visa will continue business in Russia," said Andrew Torre, Visa's general director for Russia, Friday.
- Coinbase now supports the Bitcoin Payment Protocol - Coinbase Blog - "The Bitcoin Payment Protocol is a protocol for communication between a merchant and their customer. It is designed to enable a better customer experience as well as improved protection against man-in-the-middle attacks on the payment process."
- Feature Friday: Bitcoin Payments - AVC.com (Fred Wilson) - "In my view, this is an important addition to Bitcoin and addresses a number of limitations on using Bitcoin for payments."
- McDonald’s adds value to mobile payments with ordering, offers - Mobile Commerce Daily - “Mobile ordering is one of the mini-killer apps that will help accelerate the growth of mobile payments,” said Drew Sievers, former CEO at mFoundry..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews