On the Web:
- Visa's CEO Discusses F2Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha
- Apple’s Cook on New Products: ‘Take the Time to Get It Right’ - Wall St. Journal - "What about mobile payments? Apple has many customer credit cards, and fingerprint sensor in its iPhone 5S."
- PayPal pilots beacon-enabled payments using Samsung wearables - “The Wearable Wallet, in particular around smart watches, has some go-to-market advantages over the mobile phone,” said Drew Sievers, former CEO at mFoundry.
- The Bitcoin Revolution Hits Africa - "Companies like Kipochi and BitPesa have already begun to use bitcoin for those home-to-grandma payments, known as remittances."
- Andreas Antonopoulos on Singularity 1 on 1: "Bitcoin is not currency; it's the internet of money!" - Video interview
- Hot tech firm Square sets East Coast HQ in SoHo - "The company, whose co-founder Jack Dorsey also co-founded Twitter, announced Thursday that it will be moving into 40,000 square feet at 375 West Broadway this summer."
On the Wires:
- Yodlee Interactive Catalyzes Global FinTech Innovation by Partnering With Three New International Incubators and Accelerators - "These partnerships will allow entrepreneurs in these programs to receive mentorship from Yodlee Interactive’s financial technology experts and access to the company’s unique cross-platform Application Programming Interface (API), which provides secure access to over 12,000 global financial data sources to forward FinTech innovation."
- Entersekt Assists FIDO Alliance in Promoting Stronger Authentication Technologies through Standardized Security Protocols - "Motivated to play a first-hand role in strengthening online security, Entersekt, an innovative pioneer in transaction authentication, joined the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance in 2013 and has been a key participant in helping to design the security guidelines for online users unveiled to the public in March."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews