- To our friends and readers in the United States, best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your family and friends! We'll be back at the news desk on Monday, December 1st.
On the Web:
- Discover Sues Visa Over Debit-Card Practices - Wall St. Journal - "Discover is challenging a Visa rule that requires financial issuers of Visa signature debit cards to also include Visa’s PIN services instead of allowing other PIN networks like Pulse to compete for that business."
On the Wires:
- American Red Cross To Accept Bitcoin Donations Through BitPay - “The Red Cross is thrilled to partner with BitPay to offer a different way for generous donors to support our humanitarian mission,” said Jennifer Niyangoda, executive director of Corporate and Foundation Programs at American Red Cross. “This gives a new generation of supporters the opportunity to help people in need.”
- Talking Turkey: How “Swipe Fees” Will Get Banks a Heaping Helping of Your Thanksgiving Dinner - "In Europe, merchants pay seven or eight times less in swipe fees. American merchants need that kind of relief."
- NCR Completes India’s Largest Electronic Cheque Truncation Project for NPCI - "Started by the Reserve Bank of India, India’s Central Bank, in December 2007 to ease the process of cheque clearing in the country, this project changes the traditional physical movement of cheques to electronic clearing using NCR’s image-based software that is secure, fast and cost efficient."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews