On the Web:
- Apple eyes pay-by-touch for next iPhone - Financial Times - "Apple is working with Dutch chipmaker NXP to add secure short-range wireless technology into the next iPhone..."
- Introducing Xapo Deposit - Xapo Blog - "With this new feature, Xapo offers you the ability to secure, transact and acquire bitcoins."
- StubHub the Latest Victim of #Cyberthieves - "The company said the hackers did not break through Stubhub’s own security. Instead, they obtained Stubhub usernames and passwords from other sources."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard-branded National eID Card Launched in Nigeria - "The eID card forms a key component of the Nigerian Identity Management System, deployed by NIMC as part of its mandate to create, maintain and operate the country’s first central National Identity Database and provide proof of identity to Nigerians 16 years and older."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews