On the Web:
- Mobile-Payments Firms Order Up New Strategy: Restaurants - Wall St. Journal Digits Blog - "Priceline’s OpenTable unit, which it bought this year for $2.6 billion, is set to announce Monday it will expand a restaurant-focused payment app nationwide, from a test in about 20 restaurants in San Francisco."
- Who Wants Automated Fraud Alerts? 91% of People - FICO Banking Analytics Blog - "Banks in the UK and some other countries brought fraud levels much lower, then focused on how to make the purchase process much more streamlined. This has allowed fraud losses to rise."
- Simplifying the Bull: How Picasso Helps to Teach Apple’s Style - New York Times (Brian X. Chen) - "Steven P. Jobs established Apple University as a way to inculcate employees into Apple’s business culture and educate them about its history, particularly as the company grew and the tech business changed."
On the Wires:
- HomeSend and Indosat Make it Easier for 60 Million Indonesians to Send Money to Loved Ones - "HomeSend is a joint venture created by MasterCard, eServGlobal and BICS that enables B2B cross-border and cross-network value transfers through a single connection."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews