On the Web:
- MasterCard: Five Must-Haves for the Ideal Digital Wallet - "But how should a digital wallet work and how do you choose the right one?"
- Fighting the High-Tech Criminals - Retail Payments Risk Forum (Atlanta Fed) - "While these players are closely linked, they are generally separate criminal groups that have developed niche roles."
On the Wires:
- A Message from Michael Abbott: Embarking on a New Brand (Isis) - "However coincidental, we have no interest in sharing a name with a group whose name has become synonymous with violence and our hearts go out to those who are suffering. As a company, we have made the decision to rebrand. Changing a brand is never easy, but we know this is the right decision – for our company, our partners and our customers. We are actively working on a new brand, and I’ll share more with you as our journey progresses in the coming months."
- Time, Money and Tech: PayPal Study Reveals Global Attitudes - “With PayPal’s truly global marketplace, better understanding the key values we’re supporting around the world – both at universal and at country-specific levels – is essential for delivering products that further empower the people we serve. This survey furthers us in that mission.”
- Visa Everywhere Travel Report: Group Stage Host Cities for 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM See Significant Spending Increases by International Travelers - “The group stage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil has shown that international tourism was strong well beyond the cities of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, as fans traveled throughout Brazil to support their teams,” said Ricardo Fort, SVP Global Sponsorship Marketing, Visa Inc.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews