On the Web:
- Amazon expands middleman role in latest online payments push - Reuters - "The service, which launches on Monday, allows the company's more than 240 million active users to use credit card details stored on Amazon.com to pay for services such as a monthly phone bill or a digital music subscription."
- The Shift to Safer Chip-and-PIN Credit Cards - New York Times - "The chips in the newer E.M.V. cards — which encode account information when transferring it to the merchant — are harder to duplicate."
- Safari in iOS 8 uses camera to scan and enter credit card info - 9to5Mac - "In iOS 8, Apple has a new feature in Safari that allows users to scan a credit card with the device’s camera rather than manually entering the number when making a purchase online."
On the Wires:
- More CFOs Taking Aggressive Approach to Spending and Investment, Reflecting Increasing Economic Optimism, According to Seventh Annual American Express Survey of CFOs - "Overall, 72% of respondents predict economic expansion this year, while 17% say they plan to pursue aggressive spending and investment plans, compared to just 10% last year. As a further indication of their confidence, only 3% say they plan to decrease spending, down from 8% last year."
- Banco do Brasil Americas® Launches EMV Prepaid Card on i2c Global Processing Platform - "i2c, Inc., a provider of payment processing and emerging commerce solutions, and Banco do Brasil Americas® have partnered to launch the Banco do Brasil Americas® Multi-Currency prepaid MasterCard® (BBA Prepaid Card). A general purpose reloadable prepaid card, it is ideally suited to meet the financial needs of consumers that travel internationally."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook team on Wednesday, June 11th, in Menlo Park, California. We'll all be together that day and look forward to meeting you. More details here!
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews