On the Web:
- Xapo Bitcoin Debit Card to Launch This Month - CoinDesk - "The card, which caused quite a stir in the bitcoin community in April, will roll out by the end of June to be accepted by any business that accepts debit cards or credit cards from its network partner, says Xapo."
- California gets hip to bitcoin: Senate banking committee approves bill to legalize crypto-currencies - PandoDaily - "A bill to officially legalize cryptocurrencies and other alternative forms of money, recently passed the California Assembly by a unanimous 75 to 0 vote and yesterday was approved by the state Senate Banking and Financial Institutions Committee by a 7 to 1 vote."
- PayPal Moves Quickly To Integrate Apple's Fingerprint Reader Into Its Apps - "PayPal is moving quickly to integrate the iPhone 5S fingerprint reader into its mobile payment apps."
On the Wires:
- Green Dot Supports Visa’s New Prepaid Card Designation - “Visa has chosen guidelines for their designation that align perfectly with how Green Dot has always structured our fee plans,” said Steve Streit, Green Dot’s Chairman and CEO. “We believe it's important for the prepaid card industry to provide affordable, fair products with clear and easy to understand fee disclosures. We applaud Visa's announcement and hope to see the rest of the industry adopt these guidelines."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook team on Wednesday, June 11th, in Menlo Park, California. We'll all be together that day and look forward to meeting you. More details here!
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews