On the Web:
- eBay CEO: PayPal Will Have to Integrate Digital Currencies - CoinDesk - "In a new interview with CNBC, Donahoe reiterated that he expects bitcoin to play a role in the company’s future plans..."
On the Wires:
- Bank Shot: How Merchants Find Themselves in a Game Without Refs or Rules When It Comes to Credit Cards - "A study commissioned by the Merchants Payments Coalition found that just introducing a modest measure of fairness to the debit-card business saved consumers almost $6 billion during the reform’s first year in effect and created more than 37,000 jobs. If Congress had also introduced the same level of fairness to credit cards, consumers would have saved another $15 billion and retailers would have created almost 100,000 more jobs."
- Bank of America Merchant Services Expands to Canada - “Our U. S.-based clients continue to expand globally, and we believe this new organization will best serve their needs by providing best-in-class solutions,” said Tim Tynan, chief executive officer of Bank of America Merchant Services. “We are also honored and excited about servicing the needs of new, future clients in the Canadian market.”
- American Express Serve® and Bluebird® Show You Where Your Money Goes With Free Tools That Track Spending and Budgets - "With these new tools, we’re making it simple for our customers to know where their money is being spent, so they can track and manage their finances easily,” said Dan Schulman, group president, Enterprise Growth at American Express. “We’re focused on providing comprehensive and affordable options for the nearly 70 million unbanked and underbanked households in America."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook team on Wednesday, June 11th, in Menlo Park, California. We'll all be together that day and look forward to meeting you. More details here!
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews