On the Web:
- Monitise appoints joint chief executive to deliver ambitious expansion plan - The Telegraph - "The company has appointed Elizabeth Buse, a former Visa executive and Monitise board member, as joint leader with its founder Alastair Lukies."
On the Wires:
- FIS and MasterCard Advance US EMV Adoption with Common Debit Solution - "FIS, its NYCE® Payments Network and MasterCard today announced a licensing agreement that will make MasterCard’s EMV debit solution available to all NYCE participants."
- eBay Enterprise Increases Adoption of Omnichannel Commerce Technologies Globally - “We are leading local commerce with close to 4,000 stores enabled with store-based fulfillment globally,” said Tobias Hartmann, interim president of eBay Enterprise. “We continue to help merchants compete in a global marketplace having recently launched our ship-from-store solution for a leading retailer in North America, Europe, and China, which is an industry first.”
- MasterCard: New Research Finds Gaps between Small Businesses and Technology Adoption - "The study, which was conducted among small business owners in Canada, Brazil, Germany and South Africa, found that the two biggest barriers to adopting retail and payment technology were high costs (46 percent) and a lack of know-how (31 percent)."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews