1/ Bitcoin may transform the global supply chain for capital. International B2B wires for any amount, at any time, clearing in 10 mins.— Balaji S. Srinivasan (@balajis) June 24, 2014
On the Web:
- Bitcoin: Going From Deceptive to Disruptive - Forbes.com (Peter Diamandis) - "Bitcoin is following the 6Ds and is on a path to go from deceptive to disruptive over the next 1 – 3 years. Allow me to explain."
- BitBeat: Payments Industry Rep Weighs in on a ‘Revolutionary Time’ - Wall St. Journal MoneyBeat - “We are in, without question, the single most important period of innovation since the invention of the magnetic strip. It is truly a revolutionary time for payments,” Mr. Oxman said.
- As Payments Go Mobile, PayPal’s Next Boss Is Obvious - ReadWrite (Owen Thomas) - "It's hard to imagine a better candidate to run PayPal. Ready has already shown he can lead a payments company focused on mobile products and developers."
On the Wires:
- Deluxe Corp. Launches New App for Electronic Checks - “The Deluxe Mobile Checkbook is a quick and easy way for small business owners to write, approve, sign, receive and deposit payments anywhere through their mobile device,” said Malcolm McRoberts, senior vice president of small business services at Deluxe. “Whether it is from the truck at a job site or at a lunch meeting with a vendor, Deluxe eChecks are a convenient, real-time solution that leverages today’s evolving technological trends.”
- FreedomPay Adopts Credit Union Financial Exchange Standards - BCU Director of Enterprise Architecture Tim Tibbals said, “The CUFX standards were written to be flexible and were applied to the FreedomPay project to 1) allow for Single-Sign-On using the highest industry standards for credential management and authorization, 2) set up accounts on the FreedomPay platform, 3) allow the FreedomPay platform to pull accounts lists and member info in real time from BCU systems in a secure manner, including double encryption of transmitted data, and 4) communicate information back to BCU’s systems to keep information in sync between BCU and FreedomPay.”
- OT Launches Site to Educate U.S. Financial Institutions and Consumers about EMV Chip Cards - “This is a crucial time in the U.S. payment industry, and OT is here to help ease the transition for financial institutions and consumers. OT’s new website leverages our understanding of EMV, global experience and expertise as a trusted partner with an excellent track record of successful migrations,” said Martin Ferenczi, president for North America at OT.
- Fiserv Drives Results with Account Processing Conversions at Four Leading Credit Unions - "In the last few months, Fiserv has partnered with multiple credit unions to develop solution options that fit their unique needs covering In-House and ASP delivery modes with solution bundles that create the most value for credit unions and, in turn, their members."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews