On the Web:
- The Fed Gets Some Mojo? - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "I was delighted to hear that they believe that a new, faster-payments infrastructure may be the best option for our industry."
- Bitcoin and Charities Were Made For Each Other, They Just Don’t Know It Yet - A VC (Fred Wilson) - "This talk brings together three of the things I have been spending most of my time on over the past year (crowdfunding, bitcoin, and philanthropy). If you want to hear me talk about the things that get me up and out of bed in the morning, come to this."
- Exclusive: McDonald's Is Secretly Testing Its Own Order-Ahead And Payments App - Business Insider - "McDonald’s is quietly testing an order-ahead and mobile payment app at a tiny handful of its more than 14,000 U.S. locations."
- BancSouth Wins Big - Bank Lawyer's Blog - "A recent Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals decision in favor of BankSouth bodes well for financial institutions who understand their obligations under UCC Article 4A and take those obligations seriously."
- Card Wash: Card Breaches at Car Washes - Krebs on Security - "An investigation into a string of credit card breaches at dozens of car wash locations across the United States illustrates the challenges facing local law enforcement..."
On the Wires:
- Bank of America Changes the Game With Preferred Rewards - “Preferred Rewards is the first program of its kind to offer clients benefits and rewards for everyday banking,” said Dean Athanasia, president of Preferred Banking at Bank of America. “It is the result of deep client research to develop and deliver a simple program that provides clients benefits and rewards they will actually use, and shows them how much we appreciate it when they choose to do more business with us.”
- SimplyTapp Announces Self-Serve HCE Platform - "We are excited to make this exceptional offering to issuers and application developers; it is consistent the technology built into our agile and scalable platform. HCE is a new and tremendously empowering feature for card issuers, so it is important that the process of 'getting familiar with' and using the new technology be as friction free and open as possible," Doug Yeager, co-founder and CEO of SimplyTapp.
- Housetab Mobile Application Launches in New York - "HouseTab is the only mobile payment app that provides convenient, multi-functional solutions for both payments and social networking, revolutionizing the social experience for its users."
- American Express Names Laureen E. Seeger General Counsel - "Ms. Seeger, 52, has served as executive vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer of McKesson since 2006."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews