On the Web:
- Eat24 exec: Google Wallet Instant Buy for iOS apps a game changer - Mobile Commerce Daily - “From what we see right now, we believe that Google Wallet with iOS is going to be a game changer for Google Wallet as far as the break out for them..."
- FDIC Consent Order Restricts The Bancorp Bank’s Dealings With ISOs And Merchants - Digital Transactions
- Investors Pour $44 Million Into Instacart as Google Is Forced to Take Notice - Re/code.net (Jason Del Rey) - "The San-Francisco based company is announcing this morning that it has raised a giant new $44 million round of equity financing, with Andreessen Horowitz leading the investment."
- Investing in the Future of Shopping - Street Fight - "What happens when you combine some of the largest and glitziest shopping malls in America – places like Copley Place in Boston, the Houston Galleria, the Stanford Shopping Center, the Westchester, and Tanger Outlet Centers – with tens of millions in investment capital in early stage digital shopping ventures?"
- 6 Innovative Ways to Implement Beacons for Marketing - Street Fight - "Brick-and-mortar merchants know they need to step it up to compete against e-commerce retailers, and they know that proximity marketing with indoor positioning technology can be an effective mechanism for driving customer acquisition and retention."
- The coming digital anarchy - The Telegraph - "Bitcoin is giving banks a run for their money. Now the same technology threatens to eradicate social networks, stock markets, even national governments."
On the Wires:
- Retailers Ask Appeals Court to Overturn Credit Card Swipe Fee Settlement - “The truth is that there is no settlement with the retail industry, only an agreement with a handful of merchants who do not represent the industry as a whole,” NRF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Mallory Duncan said.
- Payment with Biometry Soon Available in the CB Bank Card System - "France’s national interbank network, Groupement des Cartes Bancaires CB, is currently evaluating the use of biometry in payment transactions and is expected to approve a strong authentication standard, defined by Natural Security for use in the CB system, before the end of the year."
- 75% of Kindle Fire HDX Customer Questions Now Come via the Mayday Button—Average Response Time is Just 9.75 Seconds - "Eight months ago, Amazon launched the Mayday button, connecting you to live, on-device tech support 24x7, 365 days a year—for free. Today, Amazon announced that the Mayday button is now the most popular way for Fire HDX customers to contact customer service, and the average response time is just 9.75 seconds."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews