On the Web:
- The threat to banks is not Google or Amazon but ... - Financial Services Club Blog (Chris Skinner) - "But what if something was on the radar but such a tiny buzz that you flick it away like a fly? What if something was building that would totally reshape the industry but, because it seems so irrelevant, it’s ignored? What if there was no need to use banks at all, and the system could be circumvented?..."
- P.F. Chang’s Confirms Credit Card Breach - Krebs on Security - "At P.F. Chang’s, the safety and security of our guests’ payment information is a top priority. Therefore, we have moved to a manual credit card imprinting system for all P.F. Chang’s China Bistro branded restaurants located in the continental United States."
On the Wires:
- Ten Bitcoin Companies Support Charities with the Bitcoin Cup - "Ten Bitcoin companies have joined together to sponsor the 2014 Bitcoin Donation Cup, a global community donation program which provides a seamless way for fans around the world to donate bitcoin to a participating charity of their choice. The sponsoring companies include BitGive and BitPay from the United States, Mercado Bitcoin from Brasil; Altis, MexBT and Bitso from Mexico; Colombia Bitcoin Foundation and the Fundacion Bitcoin de Argentina."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews