On the Web:
- Banks: Credit Card Breach at P.F. Chang’s - Krebs on Security - "Nationwide chain P.F. Chang’s China Bistro said today that it is investigating claims of a data breach involving credit and debit card data..."
- PayPal Vet Max Levchin Bags $45 Million and CEO Title At His Online-Lending Startup - Re/code.net - "Affirm, which launched last February, analyzes a bunch of different data about an online shopper before deciding to issue near-instant credit to them to complete purchases on partner e-commerce sites."
On the Wires:
- Seventy Percent of U.S. Credit Cards to be EMV Enabled by the End of 2015 - "By the end of 2015, 70% of U.S. credit cards and 41% of U.S. debit cards will be EMV enabled, says Aite Group."
- Sequent Receives Patent for Technology That Turns Apps Into Wallets - "Patent number 8,745,716 recognizes Sequent’s ability to manage security and control usage of credit, debit and other secure credentials stored on mobile devices and allows managed access to those credentials by mobile apps for transactions in the physical environment."
- China Unicom Beijing Partners with Vesta China to Launch English Online Store for International Visitors - “Vesta and UniMobile are excited to deliver the English language ecommerce website and international payment services to China Unicom customers — whether they are business visitors, leisure visitors or foreign expats,” said XJ Wang, Vesta’s vice president and general manager, China.
- Millennials Most Likely to Indulge in Luxury Hotel Services, Chase Marriott Rewards Survey Reveals - “Millennials are a tech savvy generation that values social connections, convenience and opportunities to indulge in luxuries,” said Sisy Vicente, general manager, Chase Card Services. “This is a generation of travelers that clearly sees the benefit of travel rewards, such as those that come with Elite status in reward programs.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook team on Wednesday, June 11th, in Menlo Park, California. We'll all be together that day and look forward to meeting you. More details here!
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews