On the Web:
- Mobile Payments: Merchants' Perspectives - Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City - "In the Second Quarter Economic Review, Fumiko Hayashi and Terri Bradford examine merchants' mobile payments preferences and find some attributes of mobile payments, such as an enhanced customer experience, have clear beneficial effects."
- Dwolla boss goes after $13.1 billion paycheck industry, opens mind to bitcoin - "“My primary gripe with the system is that we have the technology for banks to talk to one another in real time, but for whatever reason, when I went out to try to use it, no one had built it..."
- Thieves Planted Malware to Hack ATMs - Krebs on Security - "A recent ATM skimming attack in which thieves used a specialized device to physically insert malicious software into a cash machine may be a harbinger of more sophisticated scams to come."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews