On the Web:
- Bitcoin and the Dólar Blue in Argentina - Medium (James Downer) - ..."Bitcoin won’t change the world overnight, but it has a distinct adoption advantage in certain sectors. The black market in Argentina may well just be one such area..."
- Walgreens launches iBeacon pilot to bolster coupon personalization - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The iBeacon technology is being used as part of a bigger in-store mobile coupon initiative that lets consumers digitally clip coupons and redeem them via a bar code on a smartphone."
- New Ways to #Authenticate Card-Not-Present Transactions - TMG Blog - "Unlike EMV, however, tokenization is a technology that is nearly invisible to the cardholder. Think of it like fraud-prevention strategies in the background of a portfolio – it’s another layer of security running completely behind-the-scenes."
On the Wires:
- No press releases worth covering! Have a great weekend!
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews