On the Web:
- Apple Store employees switching from iPod touch to iPhone 5s for EasyPay POS system - 9to5Mac - "Apple’s upgrade to the iPhone 5s for employees brings new features via an upgraded point-of-sale sled that adds in RFID capabilities as well as chip and pin card reading functionality..."
- Apple Point-of-Sale Upgrade Signals Better Security, NFC Access - Forbes.com - "Apple is taking a pre-emptive strike against the low security that magnetic-stripe credit cards provide by deploying an iPhone 5s shell made by VeriFone Systems Inc...."
On the Wires:
- PCI Security Standards Council Champions Small Business Payment Security - "Data breach reports continue to point to small businesses as the most victimized of all companies and highlight that simple security measures such as changing passwords could have helped them avoid compromise."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews