On the Web:
- At f8, Facebook to Talk Up New Mobile Payment Product - Re/code.net (Jason Del Rey) - "Facebook plans to discuss and likely demo its young mobile commerce product at today’s f8 developers conference, according to sources."
- Reserve Bank of Australia: Bitcoin ‘limited risk’ to payment systems - CoinDesk - "The Reserve Bank of Australia (RSB) has issued a briefing document in which it calls bitcoin a “limited” risk to the country’s payment systems."
- How Big Data Can Help Squash $35 Billion in Online Fraud - Inc.com - "WePay looks at hundreds of data signals--not just financial information. For example, social media can be used as a credential."
On the Wires:
- Real-Time, ACH Payments Will Become Reality Within the Next Two Years - “When you look at payment innovation ranging from EMV to real-time, single message payments, the U.S. has been playing catch-up to many other developed markets,” said Matt Ellis, Senior Vice President, ACI Worldwide. “But as our data shows, the industry is positive that we are moving in the right direction and will see adoption quite quickly.”
- oti Expands Use of Mass-Transit Cashless Ticket Machines to Refill Pre-Paid Phone Cards - "Integrated oti NFC contactless card readers now allow travelers and commuters to easily use any NFC-enabled credit/debit card or mobile device to recharge their pre-paid phone cards issued by Mobile Network Operators (MNO) in Poland."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews