On the Web:
- Three Trends That Might Transform the Retail Payments Experience - PayPal Forward Blog (David Marcus) - "The bottom line is that I'm moving from being a massive skeptic of NFC, to being cautiously optimistic on NFC HCE take-up in very specific shopping use cases."
- Glenbrook's Dennis Moser on Merchant Payments Complexity - "Wrapping up a recent project, we landed on the topic of how merchants should be thinking about their payments infrastructure and how, often, its very complexity causes trouble for the merchant. Here’s the gist of our conversation."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Board of Directors Recommends Two New Candidates for Election - “The world continues to get smaller and technology opens new doors every day,” said Richard Haythornthwaite, Chairman of the Board, MasterCard. “MasterCard is advancing to meet consumer, business and societal needs in an increasingly digital world, while maintaining a focus on convenience and security. Merit and Julius’ experience and insights will add to and complement our existing Board as we pursue this vision.”
- Warburg Pincus To Acquire Electronic Funds Source - "Warburg Pincus ... today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement whereby one of its affiliates will acquire 100% of Electronic Funds Source LLC, a leader in innovative corporate payments solutions, from an investor group including First Data Transportation Services, Inc., CTP Holdings LLC and FJ Management Inc."
- Lending Club Acquires Springstone - "As part of the financing of this transaction, Lending Club also announced the closing of an equity capital raise. Investors in the $65 million round included funds and accounts managed by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Wellington Management Company, LLP, BlackRock and Sands Capital."
- Worldpay Launches China Sales Office - "The Shanghai office is headed up by Tang Kok San, VP – Business Development China, and will offer all of Worldpay’s e-commerce customer-facing functions, including relationship management and corporate support."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Data in Payments, April 22 in Mountain View, CA; Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews