On the Web:
- PayPal Debuts Its Biometrics And Smartwatch Integrations With Samsung - TechCrunch - "The partnership allows allow fingerprints to enable payment verification on PayPal and partner ecommerce sites for making purchases."
- Ripple Labs’ Grand Plan to Build a Global Payment Protocol - CoinDesk - "The company says it has raised capital in its early stages because it aims to build the best global payment protocol, and it needs to hire talented people to do so."
- Google’s lofty mobile payments goals face significant threat from retailers - Mobile Commerce Daily - "“Larger merchants, and especially tier one merchants, want Google nowhere near their transaction data..."
On the Wires:
- Visa Inc. Announces General Counsel Succession Plan; Creates New Vice Chairman Role for Risk and Public Policy - "Visa Inc. has announced that Kelly Mahon Tullier will join the company as Executive Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, effective June 16. ... Ellen Richey, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Risk Officer, and member of the Executive Committee will continue in those roles through September 30, when she will become Vice Chairman – Risk and Public Policy."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook Team on Thursday, April 17 in Menlo Park, CA - Click here to RSVP
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Data in Payments, April 22 in Mountain View, CA; Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews