On the Web:
- Target CIO Resigns Following Massive Data Breach - TechCrunch - "Target Corp.’s Chief Information Officer Beth Jacob is resigning, effective immediately..."
- Sally Beauty Hit By Credit Card Breach - Krebs on Security - "Nationwide beauty products chain Sally Beauty appears to be the latest victim of a breach targeting their payment systems in stores..."
- Stripe launches new Checkout - Stripe Blog - "Each site should not have to duplicate the work of device optimization and A/B testing. When you use Checkout, you have a team of Stripe engineers and designers continually optimizing your payment interface."
- EBay CEO Reiterates Company Stronger With PayPal - Wall St. Journal - "EBay helps PayPal grow faster by creating a flywheel effect because PayPal is the primary and, in some cases, exclusive way to pay on eBay."
- HCE: We're not in Kansas anymore - Mobile Payments Today (Cherian Abraham) - "There is a lot of potential in the closed-loop space with HCE, that retailers are ignoring due to a "scorched earth" approach toward contactless."
On the Wires:
- Payoneer Secures $25 Million Funding Led by New Investor Susquehanna Growth Equity, LLC - “This new funding will help us expand our position as the leading provider of payment solutions that connect marketplaces, ecommerce platforms, technology companies, professionals and small business owners from around the world,” said Scott Galit, CEO of Payoneer.
- Retailers Urge Congress to Examine Data Security in Holistic Fashion - "The National Retail Federation submitted an official statement today for a hearing on data security being held by the House Financial Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit..."
- Isis Announces New York City Yellow Taxicab Promotion for American Express Card Members - "Isis®, the mobile commerce joint venture created by AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile USA, Inc. and Verizon Wireless, today announced an exclusive offer for American Express Card Members: now through June 1, 2014, American Express Card Members who tap to pay with a registered Card for a ride in a qualifying NYC Yellow Medallion Taxicab can get 50% back in statement credits."
- BitPay Opens Latin America Headquarters in Argentina - "BitPay’s office in Buenos Aires is located at the Bitcoin Embassy Buenos Aires with the Fundación Bitcoin Argentina and several other local Bitcoin companies."
- CARDFREE Teams up with Mercury to Deliver End-to-End Mobile Commerce Solution to Merchants of All Sizes - "CARDFREE focuses on providing integrated mobile commerce and loyalty solutions for restaurants and retail stores that help large merchants engage consumers based on individual behaviors and preferences."
- Payfirma Unveils One API for All Kinds of Payments - "Developers can now use Payfirma’s easy-to-integrate API to build versatile products for accepting payments online and on mobile devices..."
- NCR SilverTM Mobile POS Adds Loyalty and Rewards for Small Business - "Small businesses can now easily create, run and manage reward programs with the release of NCR Silver iPad® point of sale (POS), with subscriptions starting at only $59 per month."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York; May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews