On the Web:
- When Will It Be OK For You To Use Bitcoin? When This Person Says So. - Forbes.com (Gene Marks) - "Is it safe to use Bitcoin? How will you know?"
- Heart of a Gambler - The Talk Show Podcast - "Special guest Glenn Fleishman joins John Gruber to discuss Bitcoin — how it works, the problems it solves, where it’s going, and more."
- Forget Bitcoin vs Fiat, Welcome the Hybrid Economy - CoinDesk (Sean Neville) - "Bitcoin doesn’t need to replace fiat currencies in order to be successful..."
- Starting today, Chinese consumers will be able to buy almost anything inside WeChat - TechInAsia - "It works for both in-store payments (where retailers will likely scan a QR code generated by your order inside WeChat) or for purely online purchases that’ll be delivered to you later."
- Satoshi: Why Newsweek isn’t convincing - Reuters (Felix Salmon) - "Unless and until Goodman can demonstrate in a systematic and analytically-convincing manner that her forensic techniques point to a high probability that Dorian is Satoshi, I’m going to remain skeptical."
- PayPal Is Rolling Out Its New “Mobile First” Website Globally - TechCrunch - "The design was first announced last month but with little detail as to how the pages would look. Now, users in countries like the U.S., UK and France can see for themselves."
On the Wires:
- American Express Announces New Initiatives to Support Startups and Research Focused on Improving Financial Inclusion in the U.S. - “It’s time for change. It’s not a silver bullet, but technology should be used to close the gap, not widen it. We want to help modernize traditional banking and advance the next generation of products. By supporting new technology as well as the work of researchers and promising startups, I believe we can bring more people from the margins to the mainstream.”
- TSYS Transforms Cardholder Experience - "Credit Care now features a flexible user interface providing account holders easy and secure access to their accounts from any mobile device, regardless of size."
- Promontory Launches NIST Cybersecurity Framework Assessment Tool - "The flexible, Web-based Cyberrisk Assessment Tool allows financial institutions to identify, manage, and report on cybersecurity risk, consistent with existing regulatory frameworks."
- First Data Board Names CEO Bisignano Chairman - "Bisignano assumes the role from Joe Forehand, who has served as chairman since March, 2010, and will remain on the First Data Board of Directors."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York; May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews