BTC Series 19: New payment system only works for transactions 36 inches away or less ("Arms-Length") http://t.co/zVpQjqvtTh— Antonis Polemitis (@polemitis) February 17, 2014
On the Web:
- Square Cuts More Custom Pricing Deals For Merchants And Ramps Up Sales Hiring - "Square is also now crafting a big sales team; the company is staffing up on sales people..."
- The Evolution of the Bitcoin Clearing House - CoinDesk (Jon Matonis) - "On the road to maturity, the survivors are most likely to emerge as supra-regional bitcoin clearing houses."
- Digital banks support digital business - Financial Services Club Blog (Chris Skinner) - "And that is the point: we are not moving money around the world anymore. We are moving data."
- Google acquires Israeli security startup SlickLogin - Geektime - "The Israeli startup behind a new smart identification solution (Two-Factor Authentication) for end users that uses high frequency sounds as pass keys..."
- o6 Ways Merchants Can Encourage Customers to Complete Mobile Transactions - StreetFight - "What it means to complete a transaction on mobile depends on the industry a merchant is in."
- Kickstarter hacked, with data stolen for an unknown number of customers - The Verge - "No credit card data was accessed, the popular crowdfunding site said, but hackers did gain access to usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords."
On the Wires:
- Coming Soon!
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Upcoming Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York City and May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews