On the Web:
- How Developers Can Ride the Virtual Wave - Visa Developer Blog (Patrick Faith) - "Bottom line, Visa can help businesses make the transitions necessary for managing through disruptive technologies."
- Stripe and Square Face Complexity Abroad - New York Times Bits Blog - “The U.S. is fundamentally a different market. You really need to have local expertise to succeed in Europe.”
- Technology Innovations Drive Growth of Cashless Payments in Africa - MasterCard Cashless Pioneers - "Despite regulatory challenges, it is clear that governments, financial institutions, telecos, merchants, and technology companies need to work together to create interoperable services and solutions in order to truly transform the payments industry."
- 135 new currencies - Stripe Blog - "You don’t need to do anything to enable this in your account—you can simply start passing the currencies throughout the API..."
- PayPal President's credit card hacked for shopping spree - USA Today - "Marcus said the card was probably "skimmed" at the hotel he was staying at, or at a merchant he visited, during a recent trip to the U.K."
- Bankers Get a Compliance Wake-up Call with Data Breach - "Whether we’re ready to acknowledge it or not, financial services’ networks are closer than ever to retailer’s, and we owe it to ourselves to think that a compliance certification means we’re doing all we can to secure ourselves."
- Cybereason Takes Its Malicious Ops Detection Platform Out Of Stealth, Backed By $4.6M From CRV - TechCrunch - "Cybereason has built a pro-active security platform for enterprises to continuously monitor systems with the aim of detecting hacker actions and intentions as they attempt to prepare their data heist..."
On the Wires:
- Citi® and American Airlines to Deepen Credit Card Partnership - "Citi® and American Airlines today announced that following the integration of the American Airlines AAdvantage® and US Airways Dividend Miles® frequent flyer loyalty programs..."
- Feedzai Launches Social Connector to Help Banks and Consumers Make Commerce Safer - "Consumers can privately check in with their financial institutions to alert their bank of activity and location, which allows for greater control of false alarms, for example, while traveling or conducting out of character behavior."
- Jumio Launches ID Scanning Product Fastfill to Speed Mobile Customers Through In-App Sign-Up and Checkout Forms - "Through its patented use of computer vision technology, Jumio offers on-the-go customers a faster and more convenient way to complete a sign-up or checkout."
- Stripe Launches in 130 New Currencies to Power Global Business - "Stripe today announced the ability for users to accept more than 130 currencies. Businesses running on Stripe can now instantly begin selling in nearly any currency, from Euros to U.S. Dollars, Algerian Dinar to Chinese Renmibi."
- Vodafone and MoneyGram Global Agreement - "Vodafone and MoneyGram, a leading global money transfer and global payment services company, have teamed up to enable consumers to transfer funds directly from around 200 countries to the millions of users of M-Pesa."
- TSYS Releases White Paper on Commercial Card Growth in Turkey - "The paper outlines the market opportunity and key drivers for commercial card growth in Turkey, drawing on experiences in the U.S. commercial card market to provide insights on accelerating card penetration."
- MoneyGram Announces Organizational Changes to Support Strategic Goals - "These actions include realigning the organizational structure and commencing a global transformation program designed to help MoneyGram lead the industry in compliance, fuel multi-channel growth and improve its cost structure."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Upcoming Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York City and May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews