On the Web:
- Experts warn of coming wave of serious cybercrime - Washingotn Post - "Banks, retailers and policymakers have been slow to address the growing sophistication of cybercriminals."
- U.S. Payments Industry Voices Commitment to EMV Chip, Debates Implementation - Hospitality Technology - "Ericksen said that Visa, which recently reaffirmed its fraud liability shift dates starting in October 2015, sees implementing PINs for credit cards as “too complex” and believes in keeping the same verification methods that consumers use today."
- Chip-and-PIN, or Chip-and-Choice? - Portals and Rails Blog - "What do you think—chip-and-PIN only or chip-and-choice?"
- Kantox, The London-Based P2P Currency Exchange For Businesses, Raises €6.5M Series A - TechCrunch - "Kantox enables SMEs and “mid-caps” to exchange currency for the purpose of money transfer."
- Contrary to Mt. Gox’s Statement, Bitcoin is not at fault - Bitcoin Foundation - "The issues that Mt. Gox has been experiencing are due to an unfortunate interaction..."
- Price Drops as Mt. Gox Blames Bitcoin Flaw for Withdrawal Delays - CoinDesk - "The exchange insists it is working hard to address a technical issue that has made it impossible for users to make transfers."
- Apple’s Next Trick: Making the Retail POS Disappear - StreetFight - "In other words, it creates a world where the mobile device is the POS."
On the Wires:
- HID Global Acquires Biometric Leader Lumidigm, Enhances Authentication Portfolio - “Lumidigm’s proven product portfolio will enhance our current strong authentication offerings, especially for healthcare, financial institutions and other high-security environments,” said HID Global President and CEO Denis Hébert.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Upcoming Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York City and May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews