On the Web:
- Bitcoin is messy. Let’s fix it. - Startup Management - "A Bitcoin-supported money system is going to happen. There is no question about it. It is unstoppable."
- Bitcoin Is an Expensive Way to Pay for Stuff - Bloomberg Opinion (Matt Levine) - "The claim that Bitcoin could one day provide a low-transaction-cost alternative (or currently provides an anonymous or accessible alternative) to the U.S. dollar payments system is separate from the claim that Bitcoin is currently a cheaper, or free, payments alternative."
- India May Relax E-Commerce Rules, Opening The Door Further For Amazon And Other Global Giants - TechCrunch - "As India prepares to reconsider the ban on foreign investments in the country’s e-commerce sector, two of the world’s biggest e-commerce companies — Amazon and eBay — are anxiously hoping to conquer what they refer to as their last frontier."
- Target card breach and what to do: Our view - USA Today Editorial - "The best thing that could happen is if this latest megabreach forced the industry and Congress to fix some of the system's most troubling vulnerabilities."
- Bitcoin Is Good - Re/code (Fred Ehrsam) - "Approaching bitcoin as a currency or store of value is focusing on a single and secondary application of the bitcoin network (analogous to analyzing a single feature built on top of the Internet, like email)."
- Who Needs Bitcoin? Venezuela Has Its 'Sucre' - Wall St. Journal - "Where the pseudonymous Mr. Nakamoto is credited with creating bitcoin, the late Venezuelan president created the sucre, a virtual currency designed to dethrone the dollar as the main trading currency used with his country's regional trading partners: Ecuador, Cuba, Bolivia and Nicaragua."
- U.S. Bank updates app with photo balance transfer, keyword search - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Improving and expanding photo banking and other mobile banking options are among strategies U.S. Bank is leveraging to give it a competitive advantage with younger consumer, who are increasingly banking online."
On the Wires:
- Regions Bank Introduces Online Appointment Setting - "Accessible through www.regions.com, the new tool allows customers to select a time and branch of their choosing and identify what type of information or financial product they wish to discuss."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews