On the Web:
- Apple Moves Toward Expanded Mobile-Payment Service - Wall St. Journal - "...Apple moved Jennifer Bailey, a longtime executive who was running its online stores, into a new role to build a payment business within the technology giant..."
- PayPal’s David Marcus Has A Plan—And It’s So Money 3.0 - ReadWrite - "For me, my customers are my number one priority and that's it. If someone has an issue, no matter who you are or how big or small you are, it’s our mission to solve it for them. And I’m fanatical about this."
- Balanced Takes Open Source Product Development To The Next Level With Crowdfunding Campaign - TechCrunch - "But this product development cycle comes with the support of a number of customers asking for the feature, who are backing the feature with a crowdfunding campaign."
- As WePay Shutters Its Hosted Checkout, A Rival Seeks to Sign up Disappointed Merchants - Digital Transactions - "At least one competitor of payment-service provider WePay Inc. is working to take advantage of WePay’s decision to cease providing a hosted checkout service for online merchants. 2Checkout.com Inc., Columbus, Ohio, this week began wooing merchants..."
- The Billion-Dollar Fintech Club (private companies) - NetBanker (Jim Bruene) - "With Stripe raising $80 million at a $1.75 billion valuation yesterday, I was wondering how many other private fintech companies have reached that milestone recently."
- Kenya Bankers Association Releases Mobile Money Survey - PaymentsAfrika - "The survey shows that a majority (60%) of Kenyans are utilising mobile phones to perform financial transactions, which has been helped by increased commitment by banks to offer mobile banking technology."
- Neiman Marcus Data Breach Worse Than First Said - New York Times - "The theft of consumer data from Neiman Marcus appears far deeper than had been disclosed originally..."
- Target's Data Breach Adds to CEO's Sack of Woe - Wall St. Journal - "The crisis resulting from the payment-card breach is shaping up to be a defining event in a six-year tenure for the CEO that has included plenty of tumult."
- Analysts Agree, an eBay Split-Up Is ‘Unlikely’ - WSJ Digits - Directors Pierre Omidyar, the company’s founder, and Marc Andreessen tweeted separately that they are “fully aligned that eBay and PayPal are best together.”
On the Wires:
- FTC Staff Supports NACHA’s Proposed Rule Changes - "The Federal Trade Commission staff filed a comment with NACHA (The Electronic Payments Association), supporting its proposal to strengthen its rules to monitor bank debit transactions conducted through the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Network."
- ACI Recognized as Industry Leader in Ovum’s Payment Switching Vendor Assessment - “ACI’s BASE24-eps and Postilion platforms both offer a high degree of reliability and crucially, configurability,” said Gilles Ubaghs, senior analyst, financial services technology, Ovum.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews