On the Web:
- Broken Payment System Guarantees Another Breach Like Target - American Banker BankThink (Doug Kantor, MCX) - "Real card security standards need to come from an objective source, such as a standard-setting organization or regulator, not the card companies, if we are ever going to turn around our dismal results."
- Beware of Gangsters Filing Tax Returns - Bloomberg BusinessWeek - "With stolen or even legally obtained identity data, thieves file for multiple refunds using various names, inputting fictional information about topics like employment, income, and dependents."
- Payments underdog Balanced challenges PayPal and Stripe with new pricing model (and momentum) - VentureBeat - "Balanced is a provider of backend payments solutions that’s specifically geared toward online marketplaces and networks. It now works with more than 440 companies and crowdfunding platforms."
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Publishes Paper on Bitcoin - newsBTC - "The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond has published an interesting paper surround bitcoin and digital currencies (which they refer to as ‘private currencies’) as a whole."
- O2 closes mobile wallet - Mobile World Live - "O2 said it had decided to close the wallet “to give us time to look into new and better ways to help people manage their money on the move, both in the UK and abroad”."
On the Wires:
- Target Provides Update on Data Breach and Financial Performance - "As part of Target’s ongoing forensic investigation, it has been determined that certain guest information -- separate from the payment card data previously disclosed -- was taken during the data breach."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews