Circle's office decor is complete! pic.twitter.com/Syst1RUMmw— Circle Inc. (@circlebits) November 15, 2013
On the web:
- Easy Mobile Payments Are Almost Here - BusinessWeek - "The new wave of mobile payments doesn’t look anything like it did even a few years ago."
- Why Coin is a real threat to existing mobile payments systems - GigaOm - "But Coin will certainly feel more familiar than mobile payments systems using NFC, BLE or QR codes to perform transactions at the point of sale, and the fact that it works with existing infrastructures eliminates the need for retailers to invest in new equipment."
- Why all the fuss about HCE?- Tomorrow's Transactions (Dave Birch) - "HCE is quite simple: it means using the NFC interface on a device (a PC, a mobile phone, a car, whatever) to allow the device to be a contactless card so that you can make a payment (or present a ticket, show an ID card or a million other things)."
- Peter Thiel claims bitcoin has the potential to change the world - CoinDesk - "Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal and famed Silicon Valley investor, has revealed he believes bitcoin could make some serious waves in the world of finance."
- What Exactly Does the US Government Really Think of Bitcoin? Here’s the Story so Far - CoinDesk - "CoinDesk’s ‘Is bitcoin legal?‘ page is a good source of information on bitcoin’s current legal status and the major regulatory players."
- The Clever New Digital Wallet That Will Never, Ever Succeed - "Thus, Coin has the same problem that all digital wallets have: In those odd moments that you find yourself with a dead phone battery, it ceases to function."
- Should retailers begin accepting Bitcoins in-store and on mobile? - Mobile Commerce Daily - "As Bitcoin becomes a more legitimate currency, retailers are considering whether to accept Bitcoin on a mobile site and application or via the Bitcoin mobile wallet in-store."
- CashlessWay Is Here: the First Association for a Digital Payment Awareness - CashlessWay - "CashlessWay is a think-tank aimed at researching and creating new initiatives aimed at informing the public about the advantages of e-payments, and incentivising better understanding of payment methods."
- Apple Bumps Coinbase’s Bitcoin App From The App Store, Android App Lives On - TechCrunch - "The Coinbase app let users track their bitcoin activity on Coinbase, but it also worked as a “wallet” where users could buy, send and receive bitcoins."
On the wires:
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews