HCE actually ALIGNS to bank and network (V/MA) objectives: keep intelligence in network and control with issuers.— Thomas Noyes (@noyesclt) November 1, 2013
On the web:
- Google gets around the carriers with Host Card Emulation for NFC payments - NFC World - "With HCE, any app on an Android device can emulate an NFC smart card, letting users tap to initiate transactions with an app of their choice — no provisioned secure element (SE) in the device is needed."
- Software Secure Element – HCE Breaks the MNO NFC Lock - FinVentures (Tom Noyes) - "This is a FANTASTIC development for BUSINESS and for Android. Now you can create apps that leverage payment, loyalty, …"
On the wires:
- Aetna Invites Health Care Providers to Join Innovative Patient Payment Solution - "“Money2 for Health will make it easy for consumers to track and make health care payments while at the same time speeding up payments to providers,” said Steve Doyle, head of Network Access Businesses and Consumer Financial Solutions at Aetna."
- Sionic Mobile Debuts ION 3.0 Loyalty and Rewards Apps - "ION Loyalty saves merchants up to 75 percent or more in credit card fees based on transaction amounts, helps increase traffic and high-margin sales, and rewards customers for their repeat business."
- Amazon.com Brightens the Season - Launches Black Friday Deals Store and Electronics Holiday Gift Guide
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami, Nov 4-7, 2013.
- Glenbrook's Jacqueline Chilton will be speaking social media and payments at the W.net Northern California LINC Networking event being held November 14 at Google.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews