Visa Inc. has announced enhancements to its Visa Offers platform that delivers targeted rewards to Visa cardholders.
Visa says that "the enhanced service has the potential to eliminate paper coupons, allowing consumers, who opt in, to earn points and discounts as well as redeem special offers instantly at checkout by simply using their enrolled Visa card."
Smarter commerce means having the right offer, delivered to the right customer at the right time,” said Jim McCarthy, global head of Products, Visa Inc. “Visa’s new real-time point-of-sale redemption platform is a great example of Visa’s ability to apply its processing and technology expertise to simplify the use of offers and discounts, bringing benefits to merchants, acquirers, issuers and consumers.”
The new enhancements include:
- Fully Customizable Offer Content - Retailers and financial institutions can deliver offers that are tailored to individual customers, through email, web and mobile.
- Real-Time Offer Relevancy - The platform also provides retailers and issuers data insights and analytics to measure the point-of-sale redemption rate, allowing them to create customized and more relevant offers.
- Consumer Loyalty Qualification - Retailers and issuers can use real-time messaging capabilities to identify and uniquely reward loyal customers.
- Multiple Redemption Options - Support for real-time redemption of offers and rewards at the point-of-sale - complementing the existing statement credit capability.
- Support for Multiple Offers Programs - Supports both Visa-specific and third-party offer programs.
Visa has established agreements to source discounts from leading retailers and can manage the Visa Offers platform on behalf of retailers, acquirers, and issuers, from enrollment to offer delivery to redemption options.