On the web:
- How MasterCard Enlists Employees in Social Media - DigiDay - "MasterCard has been working hard on shifting its culture and public perception as a financial services company to that of a tech company. A big part of this process means making sure its employees are all digitally savvy."
- Apple guides shoppers inside stores with iBeacon - AP - "On Friday, Apple Inc. will begin using the technology at its 254 U.S. stores to send you messages about products, events and other information..."
- In the Murky World of Bitcoin, Fraud Is Quicker Than the Law - New York Times - "Part of the problem is that regulators have not agreed on how to classify Bitcoin."
- Bank of France Warns of Bitcoin’s Volatility - CoinDesk - "On Thursday, France’s central bank warned that the price of bitcoin is inherently volatile..."
- Bitcoin: all hype and bluster or a brave new world - "In other words, the real point of Bitcoin is that it is leading the rise of a new generation of finance. A generation that is based upon digital exchange and fit for the network age."
- University in Cyprus Receives First Tuition Payment in Bitcoin - CoinDesk - "In theory, Bitcoin could help the country’s banking sector gain a competitive edge once again."
On the wires:
- Federal Reserve launches History Web Gateway - "The Federal Reserve on Friday launched the History Web Gateway, a new online resource with biographies, images, and essays on key events in the Fed's 100-year history."
- TigerDirect.com Integrates V.me by Visa - "Customers who checkout on TigerDirect.com using V.me by Visa will receive at least $20 off any $100 order."
- Early Store Openings Jumpstart Retail Holiday Spending - "First Data Corporation , a global leader in payments processing and electronic commerce solutions, today released its First Data SpendTrend® analysis for Thanksgiving/Black Friday 2013..."
- Mozido Announces $30 Million Institutional Capital Raise of $70M Investment Commitment - "Ric Duques, formerly Chairman & CEO of First Data Corporation until he led its acquisition by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in 2007 for $29 billion, becomes Mozido’s Chairman of the Board."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- FEEDBACK: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - here's my email: [email protected]. Please forward press releases to: [email protected].
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- And stay for our Innovation in Payments Workshop on December 12th in Palo Alto with Russ Jones and Carol Coye Benson.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews