On the web:
- In Las Vegas, Alternative Currency Buffs Are Making The Case That Bitcoin WIll Do To Money What The Web Did To Information - "Bitcoin today is in a similar state that the Internet was in 1992. It's functional and useful, but the great use cases are only just now happening. It's only going to get better and better."
- India’s audacious plan to bring mobile payments to the masses: pair them with a national ID card - Quartz - "Nandan Nilekani, a founder of Infosys and the man in charge of the Aadhar scheme, suggested last week that the platform the cards run on will be extended to include peer-to-peer money transfers."
- Ripple Takes on Western Union With Deal to Grow Payments - Bloomberg - "Ripple, a San Francisco-based startup, operates payments software and a digital currency that resides in a consumer’s account known as a Ripple Wallet. Under the agreement, Ripple will let consumers link those Wallets to ZipZap accounts."
- Apple's Mobile Commerce Mojo - Pymnts.com (Karen Webster) - "Well, we don’t think they’re right and the little slide deck that is attached gives you 7 reasons why Apple is the last company on earth that should be written off as a loser in mobile commerce."
- Fraud Happens. So What Do You Do? - Portals and Rails Blog (Douglas King) - "The important takeaway I got from this report is that no matter the technology or standard used on payment cards, it remains critical to keep personally identifiable information protected and to continue to educate consumers about sound payment practices."
- The Evolution of Electronic Payments - "This infographic created by SwitchPay, a mobile payments company, visually represents the evolution of electronic payment technology from the first mention of the credit card in a novel published in 1887, the birth of ecommerce from the first online purchase, to the advancement of mobile payment technology."
On the wires:
- Federal Reserve G.19 Consumer Credit Report - "Consumer credit increased at an annual rate of 5-1/2 percent in August. Revolving credit decreased at an annual rate of 1-1/4 percent, while nonrevolving credit increased at an annual rate of 8 percent."
- InstaMed Projects Over $100 Million in Member Payments Volume - "Member Payments enables patients to pay all of their healthcare providers online from their health plan’s website as soon as claims are adjudicated."
- Affinity Solutions Joins CardLinx Association at Launch, a Major Milestone in the Card-linked Offers Industry
- Digital River Expands Relationship with PayPal to Deliver Additional Payment Options to Its Global Commerce Customers - "Consumers are more apt to buy and buy more when there are convenient and simple paths to the payment button. Adding these alternative payment options by PayPal enables us to help our clients further increase revenues..."
- Mocapay Announces Mobile Program Launch for Udi’s Cafés and Restaurants - “More and more merchants are catching on – loyalty and rewards programs are the golden ticket to enhance and elevate the consumer experience,” said Doug Dwyre, CEO, Mocapay
- Arroweye Solutions Launches EMV On-Demand™ - "The company’s proven digital on-demand production technology provides financial institutions a more effective strategy to manufacture, personalize and fulfill Europay/MasterCard/Visa (EMV) chip cards with better cost control and return on investment."
- FIS Launches First Cloud-based, Real-time Core Banking Utility for Mid-tier Central and Eastern European Banks - "The service, hosted by Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa S.A. (KIR), the Polish payment processor and central clearing house for the country’s banking sector, will drive cost savings – without compromising functionality – by enabling banks to run their core banking products on a hosted version of FIS Profile."
- JadooTV Expands Globally with BlueSnap’s Flexible, Localized Online Payment Processing Solution - "As a smarter international payment gateway, we are able to fully localize the experience for customers around the world, helping merchants like JadooTV break into new markets, reach new customers and increase profitability..."
- Tyfone Enables Real-time P2P Mobile Payment in Boulder Valley Credit Union Mobile Banking Solution - "Acculynk’s Payzur is a 100 percent white-labeled P2P solution that allows a customer to send funds simply by authenticating the mobile- or Web-initiated transaction with his bank-issued PIN via the PaySecure® patented online graphical PIN pad."
- CoVantage Credit Union Pilots Tyfone’s Connected Smart Card for Layered Security in Mobile Banking - "Unlike other security approaches, Tyfone’s CSC technology is carried by each user and adds a smart card chip to any device in several convenient form factors."
- The Bancorp Teams Up with TFG Card Solutions to Provide Payroll Card Programs - "As a result of the newly formed relationship, The Bancorp will issue payroll cards to TFG’s 2,000 client employers in various industries all over the country."
- Acculynk Reports Strong International Gateway Support of PaySecure® International - "While merchant adoption in the US has been very strong, we are scaling even more rapidly in markets outside the US..."
- HID Global Joins Secure Identity Alliance to Accelerate Adoption of Secure Government ID Solutions - "The Alliance was created in May 2013 to promote the usage of government-issued e-documents, such as national identity, health cards, driving licenses and e-passports, for increased security and to encourage deployment of secure, convenient online services to strengthen end-user privacy."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this month - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews