On the web:
- The future of payments - Virgin Entrepreneur - "The days of paper money and loose change are coming to an end. But what will the future hold for payment technology?"
- Did you notice the m-commerce revolution this week? - Mobile Entertainment (Tim Green) - "But let's be optimistic and hope that this new system will make digital commerce easier, safer and more profitable. And let's also be triumphalist about it and celebrate that, as in so many areas, mobile has won again."
- Card Network Executives Take Care To Narrowly Define Proposed Token Standard - Digital Transactions (John Stewart) - "The trio of network executives, however, stop shy of making the announcement out to be anything more than the “framework” for a standard that will specify a way to use tokens to flow data into the card networks."
- PayPal Just Made it Easy to Get Free 2-Day Shipping! - PayPal Forward Blog - "Simply fill your cart and pay with PayPal at one of the merchants listed above and you’ll receive free 2-day shipping."
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex mobile payments power play faces significant challenges - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The unusual decision by the leading card networks to cooperate in this way is the latest example of how the significant potential perceived in mobile payments..."
- What does a small bank have to do to survive? - Guardian - "Regulation is a common adversary; small banks say they feel the costs of compliance with banking regulations more keenly than giant banks with well-funded staff."
On the wires:
- Pinsight Touch from Sprint to Enable Dynamic NFC Capabilities to Businesses and Their Customers - "Pinsight Touch offers a direct path for credential issuers to enable their own branded applications with Near Field Communication (NFC) and to share secured access to those credentials with other trusted applications, creating opportunities for increased distribution and wallet share."
- Mercury Research Reveals Mobile Payment Adoption Interest High with America’s Local Merchants - "Key findings from the research demonstrate that merchants want to adopt mobile payments but prefer minimal or no point-of-sale (POS) system upgrades and they want the process to be easy."
- FIS Global Partners with ARM Insight to Provide Premium Analytics and Business Intelligence to Prepaid Card Issuers - "Branded “FIS Premium Analytics, powered by ARM,” the platform enables prepaid debit card issuers to better understand their portfolio performance and profitability, track hierarchical performance, segment and download raw transaction data, and automate compliance requirements such as suspicious activity reporting and negative balance management."
- MasterCard and Parkeon Announce Global Partnership to Take Merchant Offers to the Street - "This unique couponing platform, developed by MasterCard, will enable the delivery of offers from locally relevant retailers directly to shoppers as they are paying for their parking spaces."
- eProcessing Network Launches Mobile Developer SDKs - Adds Bruce R. Shirey, SVP of Business & Product Development, “The business objective for eProcessing Network waiting to release its mobile SDKs was to ensure ease-of-integration and to assist the mobile app developers to take complete advantage of the exponential growth of the Mobile Commerce markets.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews