On the web:
- PayPal Third Quarter Update - PayPal Forward (David Marcus) - "Together, we look forward to further accelerating the pace of innovation here at PayPal as we build a new generation of delightful breakthrough experiences that solve everyday problems..."
- PayPal Sets the Pace for Innovation in Payments - PayPal Forward (Anuj Nayar) - "No other company is driving innovation at the scale that PayPal is in so many different areas..."
- Two Earnings Reports Perfectly Sum Up The Economic Divide In America - "While eBay had bad news in its earnings report, American Express had relatively good news..."
- Stitch Fix: Reinventing Retail Through Personalization - "As I continued to learn more about the company, I found that Stitch Fix was commanding a greater share of its’ clients annual clothing budget."
- Heartland’s Carr Calls For More Regulation Of ISOs - ISO and Agent - "...Carr insisted that the Federal Trade Commission should police the acquiring industry to halt fraudulent practices."
- Loop rolling out mobile wallet that works at 90% of retailers - Boston Business Journal - "Winchester resident Will Graylin and his Miami-based business partner, George Wallner, have invested about $4 million of their own money in the “mobile wallet” technology, dubbed Loop."
- Bitcoin Is A Remarkable Innovation, Here’s Why It Will Fail - Pymnts.com (David Evans) - "While I praise the sheer ingenuity of bitcoin and its payments innovation, it should be buried."
- Alibaba is building its Alipay payments service into the PayPal of the East - The Next Web - "Alibaba says that Alipay already has about a 50 percent market share in China’s e-payment market..."
- Apple Reveals More Details of Touch ID for iPhone, iPad & beyond - Patently Apple - "On October 17, 2013, the US Patent & Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that reveals more details behind Apple's new Touch ID fingerprint scanner."
- China Mobile to Miss NFC Handset and User Goals This Year - NFC Times
- “Dexter” malware infects South African restaurants, costs banks millions - Ars Technica - "South African banks have sustained millions of dollars worth of losses after criminals obtained payment card data from electronic point-of-sale terminals infected with malware..."
On the wires:
- Holiday Shoppers Plan their Clicks and Coupon Clips to Spend More and Purchase Earlier - “We’re seeing an increased intent to spend among consumers as we head into the critical holiday shopping season, suggesting strong enthusiasm for hitting the aisles this year,” said David Rabkin, SVP of U.S. Consumer Lending Products, American Express.
- Commbank Extends Lead in Mobile Banking and Payments Space - "Mobile devices are increasingly the device of choice for millions of Australians when it comes to managing their money. Mobile access now represents more than half of all access to online banking."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join us for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on October 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer". Elizabeth will also be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami 4-7, 2013.
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews