On the web:
- Facebook Partners With PayPal, Stripe, Braintree To Autofill Billing Info In Mobile Commerce Apps - TechCrunch - "For Facebook, this is part of “Build – Grow – Monetize” platform strategy. When you make an auto-filled purchase, Facebook knows who you are, how much you spent, and in what app."
- EBay Bridges Online And High Street With Click & Collect Service In The UK, And eBay Now Goes Abroad - TechCrunch - "E-commerce giant eBay today made its latest moves to blur the lines between online and offline commerce, and it’s chosen the UK to do it: it launched a new “Click & Collect” service..."
- Smartphones for the Unbanked: How Mobile Money Will Drive Digital Inclusion in Developing Countries - US Institute of Peace - "We already know what the developed world looks like when smartphones are everywhere. But the far more interesting question may be what the developing world will look like when cost declines bring entry-level smartphones within financial reach of nearly everyone."
- “The Financial Inclusion Feed”: A New Flipboard Magazine, Curated by Visa - Visa Blog - "Curated by Visa, The Financial Inclusion Feed will provide timely and relevant content covering financial inclusion from 400+ sources, including articles, research, event coverage, videos, photos and infographics."
On the wires:
- CU Wallet Launching Credit Union Driven Mobile Wallet - "Co-founded by online banking pioneer, Paul Fiore, and veteran credit union technology entrepreneur, Kirk Drake, CU Wallet combines high-tech innovation with direct credit union ownership."
- Digital Insight Names John O’Malley as New CEO - "O’Malley joins Digital Insight with prior experience as the CEO of Panini, a provider of payment technology. Prior to that he was the CEO of Memento, which was acquired by Fidelity Information Services (FIS), and President and CEO of Harland Financial Solutions..."
- NXP Secures Over Two Billion Payment and Government ID Cards With SmartMX - "For NXP, reaching the 'two billion shipped' milestone for our SmartMX security chips clearly demonstrates the trust institutions and governments globally place in NXP to provide convenient and secure interactions..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews