On the web:
- In the Philippines, credit checks based on social media profiles - Springwise - "Lenddo measures the trustworthiness of applicants by analyzing their social data. The LenddoScore takes into account the relationships made on social networks and gives more weight to those friends that users interact with most."
- MCX and the Giant Payments Networks: A Payments Fairy Tale - Pymnts.com (Karen Webster) - "Once upon a time, there were four payments networks that ruled the land called Payments in the United States. ..."
- Banks Are Losing The Online Bill Pay Game - Snarketing 2.0 (Ron Shevlin) - "Banks are losing the online bill pay game, and it’s foolish to think that there’s “low hanging fruit” out there."
- The beginning of the end for interchange and bank payment systems - The Bankwatch - "Payments will not be about cards and merchant terminals in that future."
- Retailers lag behind users in shift to mPOS: report - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Retailers should not only look into mPOS systems because consumers are asking for it, but they can also use mPOS to create an overall better shopping experience."
On the wires:
- U.S. Bank Enhances Mobile Experience with Western Union in First-of-Its Kind Offering - "U.S. Bank and Western Union are collaborating to expand Western Union Money Transfer® services to U.S. Bank customers via online banking and, for the first time, through mobile banking."
- Fortumo Cracks Indian Mobile Payment Market with Direct Carrier Billing - "Direct carrier billing with four of the largest mobile operators enables Fortumo payments to 530 million mobile phone users, the largest coverage of any mobile payment provider in the country."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews