On the web:
- “Healthy Tension” Emerging Inside PayPal as It Looks to Reverse Poor Customer-Service Reputation - AllThingsD - "PayPal says it’s finally serious about addressing some of its biggest customer-service issues..."
- Customer First: The PayPal Way - PayPal Blog (David Marcus) - "We’re making a commitment to making PayPal great, and to make it more customer-centric so that people love our products every single day. Now and in the future."
- Southwest Airlines grounds chargebacks by adding a fraud-prevention service - Internet Retailer - "By 2012, 90% of the airline’s gift cards were bought online and Southwest faced the prospect of losing millions of dollars in chargebacks."
- The money is in the Bitcoin protocol - Internet Ganesha - "In essence, the Bitcoin protocol allows building peer-to-peer systems that securely builds distributed consensus."
- Bitcoin: Ignore at Your Own Peril - Paybefore Blog - "There’s no need to make Bitcoin a focal point of just about anyone’s payments strategy, but those choosing to ignore it entirely may get caught short one day."
- Mobile Payments — How Can Retailers Juggle All Of The Options? - Retail Solutions Online - "Each retailer and each particular vertical and channel needs to figure out where the value is for them of any one of those mobile payments or mobile wallet schemes..."
- Fed To Charge Big-Banks for Supervision Under Dodd-Frank - Harvard Law School Forum - "This will likely impose an additional aggregate cost on the order of $400 to $500 million per year on these institutions, thereby further hiking up the price of size."
- U.S. Banks Seen as Targets of Syrian Cyber-Attacks - Bank Technology News - "The line between national security and private security is eroding..."
On the wires:
- eGifter and Coinbase Partner - Open More Than 100 Brands to Bitcoin Payments - "The partnership will enable users of the eGifter web and mobile apps to use Bitcoin to purchase eGift cards from eGifter’s growing list of more than 100 brands, including brands like GameStop, Home Depot, CVS and many other household names."
- Fifth Third Bank Launches Three New Business Checking Accounts - "These new accounts provide customers with greater value as they deepen their relationship with us including multiple ways to waive any monthly service charge."
- Perfecto Mobile Helps Financial Institutions Cash In on Mobile Application Strategy - "Banks and financial institutions are just beginning to realize the full potential of mobile for consumers."
- SecureKey Names Scott Lowry General Manager for U.S. Public Sector and Health Care Business - "Scott’s extensive experience in cryptography, Internet security, and as a senior policy advisor to the U.S. government’s Internet e-Authentication program makes him uniquely qualified to extend SecureKey’s success in the U.S. public sector arena."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews