On the web:
- Fosbury: One small step for digital wallets, but no giant leap for convenience - PandoDaily - "A better payments system or digital coupon does not a better wallet make."
- The Problem With Mobile Payments - Pacific Standard - "Success in mobile payments is not so much about coming up with the right solution as the right problem to solve."
- Are consumers ready for a mobile wallet? - Bankrate - "There are a lot of things that have to happen for adoption to ramp up in the marketplace..."
- Alipay terminates POS service - Global Times - "Many media reports and netizens linked the announcement with pressure from China UnionPay, a Shanghai-based national bankcard association."
- 5 More Banks Sued for Patent Infringement - Bank Info Security - "All of the suits allege infringement of patents for technologies and services that are core to banking institutions' operations..."
On the wires:
- Cardlytics Expands Internationally with U.K. Launch - "The company’s first banking partner is one of the U.K. and Europe’s largest retail banks, Lloyds Banking Group."
- ProPay Launches Mobile Rent Payments Service - "The technology empowers residents to pay rent, communicate with property managers and submit maintenance requests instantly through any smart device..."
- MasterCard, C-SAM, DNP to Introduce White-label NFC Mobile Wallet Services in Japan - "MasterCard, C-SAM and DNP are aiming to increase the popularity of mobile wallets, extending the convenience, security and value-added applications available through their white label services to merchants, retailers and consumers throughout Japan."
- Dynamics Inc. Introduces Another Breakthrough in Credit Card Design – The Branded Stripe - "We created the technology for the branded magnetic stripe to provide our partners with an additional branding reinforcement that no other card offers..."
- Bluefin Payment Systems Introduces iOS SDK for the QuickSwipe Platform - "The SDK enables third-party developers to use Bluefin’s PayConex platform in their own mobile payment applications."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews